PlayFPN Summer Nationals
Entry Fee: $850.00
Payment Deadline: Payment Due April 1 or When Event is Full, if earlier.
Entry Payment Types: Credit, Debit
Divisions: 10U, 12U, 12UB, 14U, 14UB
Format: 3 Pool to Double Elimination
Min. Games: 5
Max Teams: 76
Awards: 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th Individual & Team (Rings)
Umpire Pay @ Plate: $55/Game per Team, Except Finals
Stay-to-Play: Yes for Teams Needing Hotels, Click Lodging.
Stay-to-Play Policy: https://playfpn.com/hotels/
Refund/Cancellation Policy: https://playfpn.com/refund/
Note: No Gate Fees. 1:30 games.
Fastpitch Nation has Hosted Nationals since 2015!
Due to the difference in COVID-19 regulations between CT and MA we agreed with Six Flags New England to cancel the opening ceremonies at their park for 2021. Six Flags will have very strict COVID rules this year including strict numbers in the park and mandatory outdoor masking.
We decided to move the event to a venue in CT and we were very lucky to be able to secure a fabulous spot. The opening ceremonies will now be held at Quassy Amusement and Waterpark in Middlebury, CT. This venue is a CT treasure and has been entertaining families in CT for more than a century. The opening ceremonies will include the parade of teams and a talent show culminating in a fun-filled afternoon and evening enjoying Quassy's rides, waterpark, beach and food.
Quassy has many rides for all ages from kiddie rides to thrill rides. They also have a massive waterpark with options for every age. The park is right on beautiful Lake Quassapaug and they have a private beach to enjoy laying out in the sun and swimming. See all the things to do at Quassy.
Below are all the details you will need for this exciting day.
Location: Quassy Amusement and Waterpark, Lake Quassapaug, 2132 Middlebury Road in Middlebury, CT.
Parking: Parking is FREE for those attending (a $10 value).
Hours: The park opens at 10:30 to begin redeeming tickets for wristbands and closes ay 8pm. The ceremony will begin at 12pm and end by 2pm.
Ceremony, Park Tickets and Food: Below are these important details.
- It's FREE to attend the ceremony. To enjoy the park after the ceremony, Quassy has created two special packages to choose from.
- Package 1: Free parking, All-Day Ride and Waterpark Pass, Food Voucher good for a cheeseburger or hot dog, fries and a large soft drink at any food stand in the park, $39.00 per person. This is a $25 discount off of standard pricing.
- Package 2: Free parking and an All-Day Ride and Waterpark Pass, $27.99 per person. This is a $14 discount off of standard pricing.
- How to purchase tickets: All tickets are purchased online at the Quassy Website. Click the orange Promo Code button and insert the code FPN2021. You will be presented your options to purchase. Once you complete your purchase you will be emailed your tickets to redeem for wristbands at the park.
- How to redeem tickets for wristbands: The ticket windows will open for us exclusively at 10:30am. Arrive early to avoid lines. Bring your online tickets you printed at home and redeem them for wristbands. The wristbands are required for access the rides, waterpark and beach (boats on the lake excluded). Wristbands are not required to attend the PlayFPN ceremony.
- Cancellation: If weather forces us to cancel the event, for those who purchase tickets, Quassy will issue refunds minus a 7% transaction fee or you can transfer the ticket to any other day you wish.
Theme: The theme for the costume competition during the parade of teams will be "Favorite Movie". Our staff will judge the costumes and winners from each division will be announced and will receive a goodie bag of fun things at the ball fields the following day.
DJ: A professional DJ, who also happens to be an umpire at the Nationals as well, will MC the event and play music prior to the event starting.
Parade: Teams will line up by division and team number (to be given later). Once the event starts, the DJ will announce a team. The team will come up onto the stage and have 30 seconds to do whatever they want and then exit.
Talent Show: We are asking individual players or groups of players who have a talent they want to display on our stage, to create a brief audition video and post to Youtube and email us the link to the video. We will evaluate all the best submissions and choose the top few to perform at the opening ceremonies.
Online Video Wall: Program books are so boring and we will be doing an Online Video Wall instead. We ask each team to create a "Team Video" no longer than 60 seconds and post to Youtube and email us the link to the video. We will have an online video wall by division in the tournament that we will make live before the event. Be creative and have fun. This video lets the other teams and your friends and family know what's special about your team!
Roster and Insurance Instructions
This tournament is a Stay to Play Event. All teams which need hotels must book their hotels through the Connecticut Convention & Sports Bureau. Fastpitch Nation Park and the Connecticut Convention & Sports Bureau have worked hard with our hotel partners to provide teams with a great inventory of team-friendly and quality hotel properties, all at excellent prices. Most properties include FREE breakfast, FREE parking and a pool. All our hotel partners offer flexible checkout policies based on when your team leaves the tournament. Read More for details and to reserve your hotel.
Tournament T-Shirts and Merchandise
Fastpitch Nation Park offers a vast array of apparel and souvenirs, such as tournament pins, t-shirts, hoodies, sweat pants, headbands, bows, jewelry and a vast variety of other merchandise. Tournament apparel is purchased and customized on site. No Pre-order is necessary.
- Opening Ceremonies and Manager's Meeting at Quassy Amusement and Waterpark, Middlebury, CT.
- 10am - Manager's Meeting at Fieldside Pavilion. Review tournament, rules and ceremony.
- 10:30am - Park arrival for parents to convert online tickets to wristbands.
- 11am - Begin lineup for parade of teams.
- 12pm - Ceremony begins.
- 2pm - Ceremony ends and fun at the park begins.
- Pool Play.
- Double Elimination.
- Semis and Finals.
- Rain date, if needed.
Fastpitch Nation ParkTournament Director: David Rocha
Mobile Phone: (860) 883-3729
Office Phone: (860) 242-0055
Mailing Address: PO Box 1176 Simsbury, CT 06070
- Visit the FPN Park page for more details.
- All games are Livestreamed in HD.
- 11 Fenced and irrigated fastpitch fields at the best complex on the Northeast.
- 24' tall, 100' wide net backstops with a clear panoramic view for spectators
- Weather-resilient red Alabama shale infields and natural turf outfields.
- Covered, enclosed and gated dugouts for player safety and comfort.
- LED remote controlled scoreboards with built-in game timers at all fields.
- Each team pays cash to the umpires at the pre-game meeting prior to the start of the game.
- Teams pay for all games EXCEPT the finals. The tournament host pays for the umpires used in the finals.
- Timed Games (no new inning after) 90 mins or less = $55 per team.
- Timed Games (no new inning after ) longer than 90 mins but less than 2 hrs = $60 per team.
- Untimed games of 7 innings or more (6 innings for 10U) = $65 per team.
- Pay-at-the-plate is becoming the standard across the country and is already the standard in the elite level of the game.
- It's also much fairer as weaker teams no longer subsidize stronger teams that play more games during bracket play.
- Teams do not need to collect as much money early in the season from parents due to the much lower event entry fees.
- When practical, we will limit the number of teams in bracket play with Gold, Silver, Bronze, etc brackets to minimize the number of bracket games played.
- When a tournament gets shortened due to weather, teams will no longer be out money for those games not played.
Fastpitch Nation Park (FPN)
1001 Day Hill Rd.
Windsor, CT 06095