PlayFPN Summer Nationals
Entry Fee: $895.00
Payment Deadline: Payment Due Mar 1 or When Event is Full, if earlier.
Entry Payment Types: Credit, Debit
Divisions: 10U, 12U, 12UB, 14U, 14UB
Format: 3 Pool to Double Elimination
Min. Games: 5
Max Teams: 76
Awards: 1st thru 4th Individual & Team (Rings)
Umpire Pay @ Plate: $60/Game per Team, Except Finals
Stay-to-Play: Yes for Teams Needing Hotels, Click Lodging.
Stay-to-Play Policy: https://playfpn.com/hotels/
Refund/Cancellation Policy: https://playfpn.com/refund/
2021 PlayFPN Summer Nationals' Highlights
- Mon 7/25
- 10-10:30am Manager's Meeting, Quassy Amusement and Waterpark
- 12-2pm Opening Ceremonies at Quassy Amusement and Waterpark
- 2pm to end. Fun at Quassy Amusement and Waterpark
- Tue 7/26 to Wed 7/27
- Pool Play
- Thu 7/28 to Fri 7/29
- Double Elimination. Some teams will be eliminated on Thursday but most will not.
- Most teams are eliminated on Friday.
- Sat 7/30
- Double Elimination. Semis and Finals.
- Sun 7/31
- Rain date only used is a major portion of the event is lost to weather.
The opening ceremonies will be held Monday, July 25, 2022 again at Quassy Amusement and Waterpark in Middlebury, CT. This venue is a CT treasure and has been entertaining families in CT for more than a century. The opening ceremonies will include the parade of teams and a player talent show culminating in a fun-filled afternoon and evening enjoying Quassy's rides, waterpark, beach and food. Quassy has many rides for all ages from kiddie rides to thrill rides. They also have a massive waterpark with options for every age. The park is right on beautiful Lake Quassapaug and they have a private beach to enjoy laying out in the sun and swimming and paddleboats to enjoy the lake with as well. See all the things to do at Quassy.
Location: Quassy Amusement and Waterpark, Lake Quassapaug, 2132 Middlebury Road in Middlebury, CT.
Parking: Parking is FREE for those attending (a $10 value).
Hours: The park opens at 10:30 to begin redeeming tickets for wristbands and closes ay 8pm. The ceremony will begin at 12pm and end by 2pm.
Ceremony, Park Tickets and Food: Below are these important details.
- It's FREE to attend the ceremony. To enjoy the park after the ceremony, Quassy will create special discounted packages to choose from.
- Package 1: Free parking, All-Day Ride and Waterpark Pass, Food Voucher good for a cheeseburger or hot dog, fries and a large soft drink at the Fieldside Pavilion starting at 11am and later in the day after the ceremony at the Quassy Restaurant or Splash Away Bay Cafe, $45.
- Package 2: Free parking and an All-Day Ride and Waterpark Pass, $31.
- How to purchase tickets: All tickets are purchased online at the Quassy Website. Once the Promo Code is released (FPN2022), just use the code to purchase the discounted tickets. Once you complete your purchase you will be emailed your tickets to redeem for wristbands at the park.
- How to redeem tickets for wristbands: The ticket windows will open for us exclusively at 10:30am on the day of the event. Arrive early to avoid lines. Bring your online tickets you printed at home and redeem them for wristbands. The wristbands are required for access the rides, waterpark and beach (boats on the lake excluded). Wristbands are not required to attend the PlayFPN ceremony.
- Cancellation: If bad weather forces us to cancel the event, for those who purchase tickets, Quassy will issue refunds minus a 7% transaction fee or you can transfer the ticket to any other day you wish.
Theme: The theme for the costume competition during the parade of teams will be "Favorite Movie". Our staff will judge the costumes and winners from each division will be announced and will receive a goodie bag of fun things at the ball fields the following day.
DJ: A professional DJ, who also happens to be an umpire at the Nationals as well, will MC the event and play music prior to the event starting.
Parade: Teams will line up by division and team number (to be given later). Once the event starts, the DJ will announce a team. The team will come up onto the stage and have 30 seconds to do whatever they want and then exit.
Talent Show: We are asking individual players or groups of players who have a talent they want to display on our stage, to create a brief audition video and and email it to us. We will evaluate all the best submissions and choose the top few to perform at the opening ceremonies. The talent must be able to utilize a single microphone.
Roster and Insurance Instructions
This tournament is a Stay to Play Event. All teams which need hotels must book their hotels through the PlayFPN hotel system. Fastpitch Nation Park works hard with our hotel partners to provide teams with a great inventory of team-friendly and quality hotel properties, all at excellent prices. Most properties include FREE breakfast, FREE parking and a pool. All our hotel partners offer flexible checkout policies based on when your team leaves the tournament. Read More for details and to reserve your hotel.
Tournament T-Shirts and Merchandise
Fastpitch Nation Park offers a vast array of apparel and souvenirs, such as tournament pins, t-shirts, hoodies, sweat pants, headbands, bows, jewelry and a vast variety of other merchandise. Tournament apparel is purchased and customized on site. No Pre-order is necessary.
Fastpitch Nation ParkTournament Director: David Rocha
Mobile Phone: (860) 883-3729
Office Phone: (860) 242-0055
Mailing Address: PO Box 1176 Simsbury, CT 06070
- Visit the FPN Park page for more details.
- All games are Livestreamed in HD.
- 11 Fenced and irrigated fastpitch fields at the best complex on the Northeast.
- 24' tall, 100' wide net backstops with a clear panoramic view for spectators
- Weather-resilient red Alabama shale infields and natural turf outfields.
- Covered, enclosed and gated dugouts for player safety and comfort.
- LED remote controlled scoreboards with built-in game timers at all fields.
- Each team pays cash to the umpires at the pre-game meeting prior to the start of the game.
- See Event Info above for the cost for this event.
- In tournaments teams pay for all games EXCEPT the finals. The tournament host pays for the umpires used in the finals.
- Pay-at-the-plate is becoming the standard across the country and is already the standard in the elite level of the game.
- It's also much fairer as weaker teams no longer subsidize stronger teams that play more games during bracket play.
- Teams do not need to collect as much money early in the season from parents due to the much lower event entry fees.
- When a tournament gets shortened due to weather, teams will no longer be out money for those games not played.
Fastpitch Nation Park (FPN)
1001 Day Hill Rd.
Windsor, CT 06095