- FPN Park (Windsor) is open on weekends through Nov. 7, 2021.
- FPN Indoor (Bloomfield) is opens for the season Nov. 1, 2021.
The schedules and brackets for this event have not yet been posted. Schedules are typically posted 7 days prior to an event.
The room blocks for this event have not yet been set up or not required.
- You can visit the hotel booking site at https://ctmeetings-housing.org/events/events_all?venue_id=13
- For questions contact Joanna Vanderslice at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 860-310-5804.
- Note if the event info states to contact the host directly, there will be no pre-made room blocks, but we can still assist your team with booking. Please contact us.
- Some events, such as leagues, have no overnight stays and hotels are not necessary.
Registration for all PlayFPN events will open on Nov. 5 at 9am.
The PlayFPN season runs from 9/1 to 8/31 each year.
- Note: Once you select an Age Division and save your team, you cannot change this yourself. You must contact us to change it.
- Each fall, teams will be required to make a new team for the new season (9/1 to 8/31). However, Jan. 1 of the season will be used to determine playing age for the full season. So, whatever the actual age of the player is on Jan. 1 will be that player’s playing age for the entire season.
- For example, a player is 13 as of Jan. 1, 2021 and plays 13U during the 2021 season. That season started on 9/1/20 and ended 8/31/21.
- On 9/1/21 the 2022 season started. The player will be physically 14 as of Jan. 1, 2022. So, her playing age for the full 2022 season (9/1/21 to 8/31/22) is 14U.
PlayFPN uses this information to create tournaments or divisions within a tournament or to assist in pool play scheduling.
- Note: Once you select a Class/Strength and save your team, you cannot change this yourself. You must contact us to change it.
- Elite - Any team considered to be a top-level team or National level team that can compete at the top level of the game wherever they play. A very small percentage of teams qualify for Elite.
- A - Any team considered to be the highest-level competitive travel team regionally. If your team is normally in or should be in contention to win each tournament you enter and you beat the "better" teams in your state, and you have multiple front-line pitchers, then you should consider yourself an "A" team. A small percentage of teams qualify for A.
- B - Any team considered to be a solid but average to above average travel team. If your team is occasionally in or should be in contention to win a tournament you enter and you are competitive with most teams like you in your state, and you have good but not overwhelming pitching, then you should consider yourself a "B" team. The majority of teams qualify for B.
- C - Any team that typically plays in a local league or town league or a team that might only play in one or two tournaments a year. A "C" team is also any team considered to be an entry level or novice travel team with kids new to travel softball and lacks the experience and number of skilled players and pitchers to compete with “A” and “B” teams. A small percentage of teams qualify for C.
- FPN reserves the right to adjust your strength based on your results in our events or external events.
This event does not offer Livestreaming.
Pool Play Ranking Criteria
Winning Percentage (number of wins + .5 for each tie / games played), followed by
Average Runs Allowed (total runs allowed / games played), followed by
Average Runs Scored (total runs scored / games played)
If still tied, it goes to coin toss.
- For example, if teams A, B and C are tied at Winning Percentage, no head-to-head is used and the the system moves to Average Runs Allowed.
- But if two of those teams are tied at Avg. Runs allowed, then head-to-head is looked at between those two teams only.
- For example, If team A is the higher seed and team A beat team B there is no change. If team B beat team A then team B moves ahead of team A in the seeding.
- Teams that move ahead via head-to-head are denoted in the seeding table with an asterisk.